Corowa Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Corowa Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing corowa.town for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Corowa for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Corowa?
Corowa Galleries and Museums
There are several galleries, museums, and historical venues to explore in the beautiful town of Corowa in New South Wales, Australia. These places offer visitors the chance to learn about the area's rich history and culture and take in some stunning art collections. Here are some of the must-see sites in and around Corowa:
1. Gallery 294 - This contemporary space showcases the works of both established and emerging Australian artists. It is located at 294 Honour Ave, Corowa.
2. Chintz Cottage Gallery - This charming gallery is a converted Edwardian cottage that features a collection of contemporary art, sculptures, and jewellery. The gallery is located at 39 Church St, Rutherglen, which is about 10 minutes' drive from Corowa.
3. John Jones Steel Art Gallery - This unique gallery features the steel creations of John Jones. Visitors can see the artist's large-scale sculptures and intricate metalworks. The gallery is located at 228 Main St, Rutherglen, which is also about 10 minutes' drive from Corowa.
1. Corowa Federation Museum - This is one of the most popular museums in Corowa. It showcases the history of the town and the region, starting from the Aboriginal era to the modern era. Visitors can see exhibits on agriculture, transport, and everyday life in Corowa. The museum is located at 100 Edward St, Corowa.
2. All Saints Estate Winery & Cellar Door - This museum tells the history of winemaking in Rutherglen. Visitors can see exhibits on the history of the winery, its wines, and the wine-making process. They can also taste the wines produced on-site. The museum is located at 315 All Saints Rd, Wahgunyah, which is about 10 minutes' drive from Corowa.
3. Old School Museum - This is a small museum that features exhibits on the history of Corowa's schools. Visitors can see exhibits on the early schoolhouses, teachers, and students. The museum is located at 11 King St, Corowa.
1. Corowa Whisky and Chocolate - This distillery and chocolatier is housed in a 1920s Butter Factory building. Visitors can learn about the history of the building and its transformation. They can also taste the distillery's whisky and sample the chocolatier's creations. The venue is located at 20-24 Steel St, Corowa.
2. Wahgunyah Railway Station - This historic railway station was built in the 19th century. Visitors can explore the building's history and architecture. They can also take a ride on the Puffing Billy steam train, which departs from the station. The station is located at 11-19 Ryan St, Wahgunyah, which is about 10 minutes' drive from Corowa.
3. Corowa Courthouse - This historic courthouse was built in the 1860s. It played an important role in the region's history, and visitors can learn about some of the trials that took place here. The courthouse is located at 77-79 Sanger St, Corowa.
Corowa and its surrounding areas offer a plethora of galleries, museums, and historical venues for visitors to explore. Each offers a unique experience that allows visitors to learn about the town's rich history and culture.
Corowa Galleries and Museums Articles